To search Efiles using a simple search:
- Click on the left-side drop-down button and select a search method.
- Type the text you wish to search for in the equal to text box.
- Click Search
Advanced searches combine two or more search methods. This is achieved by using the AND [default] and OR options in the form.
To search the database using an advanced search:
- In the Search For list, click on the drop-down button to select a search method. You may select up to three types of search methods on the search page.
- For each search method you select, type the text you wish to search for in the equal to text box.
- Click AND if the results of the search must contain all of the search terms you choose.
- Click OR if you would like to display records which contain at least one of the search terms you choose.
Example Using Two Methods with AND:
- Record Date - Sorts by Record Date, oldest to newest.
- Title - Sorts by Record Title, A-Z
- Descending - Reverses the sort order for the selected method
Check Include Electronic Only to only display records that have an electronic object.
See Search Methods to see how to add a date range to Efiles searches.
This allows any search from a simply title word search to a complex query to be composed. To search Efiles using quick search:
- Type the title word or words to search for in the quick search text box
- Click Quick Search
- When the results of a search are displayed, the links for each listed record will take you to a record details page where more information about that record is listed.
- Use the results navigator buttons along the bottom of the page to choose a page number, or use the arrows to select the next or previous page.
Viewing electronic documents
To view an electronic document or file:
- Click on the record type icon in the search results, or the file extension (PDF, DOC, JPG).
- To see record details click on the Record Title.
Saving Search Criteria
After performing a successful search it is possible to save the search as a bookmark. When you reload this bookmark in your Web browser Efiles will perform the search and return the search results as if you had entered the search from the search page.